The competitiveness in the restaurant industry has heightened over the period of time with rapid speed. Due to the increase in competition, it has become a necessity for restaurants to shift to digital marketing for restaurants.
Only by focusing entirely on quality food and services, a restaurant can become functionally good. But not necessarily reach its potential and cut through the highly competitive market.
As everything is going digital and preference for online is gaining prominence, digital marketing for restaurants gives you an edge over your competition. It also provides you with many advantages to grow your business. Here in this article we’ll provide you with all you need to know to promote your restaurant digitally with successful strategies.
Benefits of Digital Marketing for Restaurants
1. Cost effective
- Online marketing for restaurants is comparatively less costly from traditional methods of marketing like radio, print media, etc.
- You can tailor your budget according to your needs and priorities. The profit gain is relatively higher than the cost incurred.
2. Larger Audience Reach
- Provides huge reach as you can target audience from all over the world.
- Also no geographical barriers are present.
3. Increased Visibility
- It builds online the presence of your restaurant and helps in building authority .
- Also increases brand awareness which helps to drive sales.
4. Strong Customer Connect
- Leverages you to keep in touch with your target audience and build a strong relationship with them.
5. Numerous Opportunities
- Opportunity to partner with online food and delivery apps
- You can also collaborate with other local businesses and host events.
Top 7 Strategies of Digital Marketing for Restaurants
1. Local SEO for Digital Marketing of Restaurants
Prioritize the visibility of your restaurant locally to first attract the local traffic of your area by:
- Setting up a Google My Business listing for your restaurant : here you need to provide your accurate name, address & contact information with timings of your restaurant. Also upload photos, videos and website URL.
- Moreover use Relevant Local keywords and social bookmarking across various local business list sites, local food blogger sites, etc.
- Post reviews and comments of your customers to build more trust and reputation.
- Upload only high quality images and videos of your restaurant on your website to elevate the impact. Also add location specific content to your website for better local visibility.
- Optimize your website for mobile friendliness & accessibility to provide a good user experience.
2. Social Media Marketing
- Create a social media account for your restaurant and focus on increasing followers and producing engaging content. You can do food digital marketing by publishing entertaining and educating content with food relevance like following recent trends, uploading recipes, etc.
- Then, post reels, stories and posts with images and videos of your restaurant.
- You can also conduct quiz and contests for your existing followers to engage them and offer giveaways as a part of reward.
- Influencer marketing is another opportunity that social media leverages. By promoting your restaurants through influencers of your industry you can broaden your reach and gain more followers while driving an increase in sales.
- One of the fine examples of social media marketing in the food industry is zomato.
3. Online advertising
- The next strategy of digital marketing for food business is to use online advertising to reach your specific high intent audience more quickly and effectively.
- There are two major categories of ads you can use for advertising. Google ads and facebook ads. Google ads helps your website to appear in SERP at top when someone searches for keywords related to your niche.also it allows you to run ads on its partner sites and apps like youtube. Facebook ads help reach a larger audience over the social media platforms like facebook and instagram.
- Google ads are more costly compared to facebook ads so you can choose the appropriate category according to your need and budget.
- You can use the insights and data in results after running an ad for further targeting.
4. Email Marketing
- Prepare a list of email ids of your customers and audience and send them regular updates and offers if any to keep them in touch.
- Try to build a constant connection by sending reminders using hooking statements that touch the pain points of your target audience.
- For example : Feeling hungry?,Looking for tasty food? , etc.
- For sending emails you can use free email marketing tools like Mailerjet, Zoho Campaigns, etc.
5. Partner with Online Delivery Apps
- Utilize the opportunity to partner with multiple online food and delivery services apps like Zomato, Swiggy, Food Panda, Uber Eats, etc. Because this provides an additional platform to generate sales.
- Use the reviews of your customers to enhance your restaurant profile and attract more customers.
6. Conducting Events and Collaborating with Other Businesses
- Try to conduct events at your restaurant like hop shops, dance events.
- It attracts an audience and also increases collaborations with relevant businesses for promotion and conduction of these events.
- This also helps in gaining cross followers on social media platforms.
7. Reward Repeat Customers
- Give offers, discounts & giveaways to repeat customers for customer retention.
- This helps in gaining word of mouth publicity and increase in number of referrals
Hire To Do Digital Marketing for Restaurants in India
Quibus Technosys is the best digital marketing agency for restaurants that has experience working with more than a dozen clients in the food and beverage industry. While working with these clients, they are well aware of the strategic drivers of this industry, the target audience , relevant keywords and precautions of online advertising and management.
This is the time to outsource a company of digital marketing services for Restaurant to promote you on online platforms. When you hire your digital marketing agency, you can rest assured that
- Your SEO-optimized website with higher ranking.
- Increased website traffic.
- Higher rank in local seo.
- Recognizable and reputed social media account.
- You will get cost effective results.
- There will be a substantial increase in your sales.