Sildenafil is a medication commonly used to treat erectile dysfunction (ED) in men. It works by increasing blood flow to the penis, which helps in achieving and maintaining an erection during sexual stimulation. Here’s how to use sildenafil tablets effectively and safely:
- Consult a Doctor: Before starting any new medication, including fildena super active, it’s important to consult a healthcare professional, preferably a doctor. They will assess your medical history, current medications, and overall health to determine if sildenafil is appropriate for you.
- Prescription: Sildenafil is available by prescription only. Your doctor will prescribe the appropriate dosage based on your needs and medical condition.
- Dosage Instructions: Follow your doctor’s dosage instructions exactly. Typically, sildenafil tablets come in doses of 25 mg, 50 mg, and 100 mg. The usual starting dose is 50 mg, taken about 1 hour before sexual activity.
- Timing: Sildenafil should be taken about 30 minutes to 1 hour before engaging in sexual activity. The medication typically starts working within 30 to 60 minutes after ingestion.
- Avoid Heavy Meals: Heavy or fatty meals can slow down the absorption of sildenafil, delaying its effects. It’s best to avoid heavy meals before taking the medication.
- Avoid Alcohol: Drinking alcohol while taking sildenafil can increase the risk of side effects and decrease its effectiveness. It’s advisable to limit alcohol consumption while using this medication.
- One Dose per Day: Do not take more than one dose of sildenafil in a 24-hour period. Taking more than the recommended dose can increase the risk of side effects and complications.
- Sexual Stimulation: Fildena 150 helps facilitate an erection in response to sexual stimulation. It won’t cause an automatic erection; sexual arousal is still necessary.
- Side Effects: Common side effects of sildenafil include headache, flushing, indigestion, nasal congestion, and changes in vision. If you experience severe or prolonged side effects, contact your doctor.
- Precautions and Contraindications: Sildenafil may not be suitable for everyone. Inform your doctor about any pre-existing medical conditions, especially if you have heart problems, low blood pressure, a history of strokes, or other significant health concerns. Also, let your doctor know about any medications you are currently taking, as there may be interactions.
- Nitrates: Do not take sildenafil if you are using nitrates for chest pain or heart conditions. The combination of sildenafil and nitrates can lead to a dangerous drop in blood pressure.
- Storage: Keep sildenafil tablets in their original packaging at room temperature, away from moisture and direct sunlight. Make sure to store them out of reach of children.
- Disposal: If you have any unused sildenafil tablets, ask your pharmacist about proper disposal methods. Do not flush them down the toilet.
Remember, using sildenafil without proper medical guidance can be risky, especially if you have underlying health issues. Always consult a healthcare professional before starting or stopping any medication.