Your Outlook OST file may have become orphaned. Struggle mightily to deal with the circumstances? If you answered yes, then you’re in the right place. In this post, I will describe an efficient method and a trustworthy third-party Transfer Orphaned OST file to PST application. That can help you convert an orphaned OST file to a PST file so that it is once again accessible.
OST is a database file in Outlook that contains all Outlook data, including emails, contacts, notes, tasks, and appointments. When it is not connected to the Exchange Server. As soon as Outlook is connected to the internet, any modifications made in offline mode will be automatically synchronized with the Exchange Server. Although OST files are an excellent Outlook feature. They can become orphaned and ineffective in a variety of circumstances, rendering OST file data inaccessible.
Fortunately, it is possible to recover an orphaned OST file from Outlook without having to reset your password. This article discusses the possible approaches. Before moving forward with the methods, let’s examine why OST files become orphaned.
Why Does Outlook’s OST file become orphaned?
The following are common causes of orphaned Outlook OST files:
- If the Exchange server fails.
- Due to a hard disk failure.
- Due to bad sectors on a hard disk containing an Exchange server.
- Infection of the Exchange Server database with a virus.
- Exceeding an OST file’s maximum file size.
- Caching controller failure or malfunction.
- Hardware and software malfunctions.
Now is the time to learn how to recover orphaned OST files using two effective techniques.
Read More: Export Inaccessible OST files to PST
How to Open a Lost Outlook OST File?
You can re-establish the synchronization between the defunct OST file and the exchange server to make it accessible again.
Follow the detailed instructions below to accomplish this:
- Initially, link Outlook to an original MAPI. (The MAPI is a protocol that enables Outlook users to access their mailbox. Then, navigate to the EAC (Exchange Admin Centre). And Select a desired email address for connecting MAPI to Microsoft Exchange Server. Then you must click the Mailbox Features link.
- After that, if POP3 is disabled, enable it. In the event that it is disabled, enable it. The same rules apply to MAPI and IMAP.
Now, connect the MAPI address to the exchange server.
Note: This method is only effective if you possess the original MAPI address. Don’t worry if you don’t have an original MAPI address!!! You can effectively convert orphaned Outlook OST files to PST files. Using the tool described in the following section.
Transfer orphaned OST files to PST using Mailvita OST to PST Converter.
Using the sophisticated Mailvita OST to PST Converter software, you can effectively convert inaccessible or orphaned OST files to PST files.
This OST converter is an advanced and user-friendly application that can convert all mailbox elements, including emails, contacts, calendars, and attachments, with 100 % precision. In addition, it can Transfer orphaned OST files to PST format.
Listed below are additional igneous features of this program:
- Easily converts encrypted, deserted, or inaccessible OST to PST format.
- It can convert ost to a PST file with 100% accuracy and data integrity is guarante.
- Free Demo version available.
- Software with an intuitive interface.
- All Mac and Windows OS versions are support.
- Convert Offline OST files in bulk to PST.
- Microsoft Outlook 2021, 2019, 2016, and older versions are support.
- To recover orphaned OST files, simply install this feature-rich application on your PC.
Follow These Steps to Use the Mailvita OST Converter Software:
• Install the software Transfer emails from OST Files to Outlook on your computer.
• Launch the application, select the OST files, and click the “Browse” button.
• Display the OST data file’s Preview and select the file to convert.
• Choose and deselect Ignore Empty Folders.
• Select the destination path and click “browse”
• Click the “Generate Now” button to initiate the conversion procedure.
I have previously discussed both the manual and automatic methods for transferring orphaned OST files to PST files. You only need to implement them to easily recover orphaned OST files. For immediate and secure OST to PST conversion. However, it is recommended to use the Mailvita OST to PST Converter tool.