The Wavlink AX1800 extender Setup is a powerful device that enhances your WiFi coverage and ensures a seamless internet experience throughout your home or office.
The Wavlink AX1800 extender is designed to amplify your existing WiFi signal and extend its range to eliminate dead zones and weak signal areas. It operates on both the 2.4GHz and 5GHz frequency bands, providing a combined speed of up to 1800Mbps. This guide will walk you through various setup and maintenance procedures for the extender.
How to Setup Wavlink Extender using WPS Method ?
WiFi Protected Setup (WPS) is a convenient method to quickly connect your extender to your existing router without the need for manually entering the network credentials. Follow these steps:
- Connect the extender to your router and turn it on.
- Press the WPS button on your extender.
- Please press the WPS button on the router within the next 2 minutes.
- The WPS LED indicator on the extender will turn solid, indicating a successful connection.
These instructions provide an overview of the Wavlink AX1800 extender’s WPS setup process. For accurate and complete instructions, see the user manual or official documentation for your device.
Wavlink AX1800 Setup:Manual method
Step-by-step instructions for Wavlink AX1800 extender Setup through Manual method:
- After plugging it in, activate the extender.
- Connect your device (phone, tablet, or computer) to the extender’s default WiFi network (SSID usually starts with “Wavlink_Extender”).
- Launch a web browser and input the extender’s default IP address (such as 192.168.10.1).
- Log in using the default credentials.
- Follow the onscreen setup wizard to scan and connect to your existing WiFi network. Enter the network credentials when prompted.
These steps have been simplified and are based on a standard setup procedure. For precise instructions, consult the user manual or official documentation for your specific Wavlink AX1800 extender model.
Factory Resetting Wavlink AX1800 Extender
Performing a factory reset on a Wavlink AX1800 extender will usually involve pressing a reset button on the device. Keep in mind that the exact steps might vary slightly based on the model and firmware version. Here’s a general guide on how to perform a factory reset on a typical Wavlink extender:
- Find the Reset button on the extender, typically found as a small hole.
- Employ a paper clip or pin to press and hold the Reset button for approximately 10 seconds.
- Release the button when the LED lights on the extender flash, indicating a successful reset.
Please note: Performing a factory reset will erase all the settings and configurations on your extender, reverting it to its default settings. Make sure to have any necessary setup information ready before proceeding.
Updating Wavlink AX1800 Extender Firmware
Updating the extender’s firmware ensures optimal performance and security. Here’s how to do it:
- Visit the Wavlink official website and navigate to the support/downloads section.
- Enter your extender’s model number to find the latest firmware version.
- Download and save the firmware on your PC.
- Access the extender’s web interface using the IP address in a browser.
- Go to the firmware update area and upload the file you’ve downloaded.
- Follow the onscreen instructions to complete the update.Ensure that there is no power interruption throughout this process.
Please keep in mind that firmware upgrading techniques may vary slightly depending on the Wavlink AX1800 Extender’s unique model and firmware version. Always follow the Wavlink user guide or the official instructions that came with your specific extender type.
Wavlink AX1800 extender Setup involves a few steps to ensure it functions correctly and extends your network coverage effectively. Here’s a general troubleshooting guide to help you through the process:
- Ensure the extender is positioned within the router’s range.
- Plug the extender into a power outlet.
- Connect to extender’s WiFi network (default SSID) on your device.
- Open a web browser and enter extender’s IP (e.g., 192.168.0.1).
- Use default admin credentials.
- Follow the onscreen setup wizard or guide.
- Choose your existing WiFi network from available networks.
- Enter WiFi password.
- Set extended network SSID and password.
- Reconnect to the new extended network on your device.
- Ensure your device is within range of the extender.
- Avoid obstructions and interference.
- Check the manufacturer’s website for firmware updates.
- Update extender’s firmware if available.
- Use the reset button to restore the extender to default settings.
- Rerun setup process.
- Ensure the router supports the AX1800 WiFi standard.
- Check for too many devices on the network.
- Manage devices or consider upgrading your router.
- Avoid neighboring WiFi networks on the same channel.
- Use the router’s channel selection feature.
- Ensure MAC filtering or security settings are compatible.
- If issues persist, reach out to Wavlink support.
These are general troubleshooting steps and might vary based on your Wavlink AX1800 Extender setup. Always refer to the manufacturer’s official documentation for accurate guidance.